10-18-2009, 12:23 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
on the menu, I added the words "Play DVD" I want the viewer to be able to click that, and watch the whole dvd as a whole, I can easily add that option on dvdlab, but I cant figure out how to do it on ws, how would I do that?
Make a text button that says "Play All" (or "Play DVD") and then link everything to it in a playlist. This is already covered in the video guide.
See http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/show...-dvd-1506.html
Watch how each video is dragged from the bottom timeline to the playlist on the upper left are, when making the menu links from video to icon. In your case, it's going to be text, you're not using icons.
Yes, that video goes a bit fast. Just watch it repeatedly if needed.

Quote:
Question....I brought the first template menu that you made for me in photoshop, and added some text to it, and when I and tried to save it, the save as button was greyed out, and it wouldn't let me save it..why is that?
Also, where is the align text option at? I noticed u did that last night but I can;t find that..was that in PS or WS?
You were still on the text tool in Photoshop. Click the dotted line "marquee" tool or a paintbrush. Get off the text tool.

Align text was done in DVDWS2. Drag and select the text buttons, right click, and then align options are there.

Quote:
I have another question.
I'm in the process of trying to make my first DVD of this set, and I'm in WS right now, I imported the menu, I just added all 5 matches, and the audio for each match...
and im on this step.. "drag bottom center dot up on thumbnail to make 4:3 shape - right click thumbnail, click copy attributes, then go to other thumbnail, click paste attributes.....
How can I tell if it's 4:3 shape? I remember you doing it, but you didn't tell me how I can tell if it is..and I'm kinda confused....is there a way that I can tell if I make it exactly 4:3 ?
4:3 is done with your eyeballs. Look at a television set screen for an example. There's no measuring tool for this. You're just making a thumbnail that looks like a mini TV screen in shape. Your videos are all old 4:3, nothing HD or widescreen 16:9.
This was done in DVDWS.

Quote:
I'm trying to add text in WS to the menu after I dragged all the matches in the menu..however...i cant match the text color to the color that u made the text in photoshop...how can I do that? Or would u suggest I just use like, black or something?
When you double click on the color swatch box in Photoshop, you can see the HEX# for the color. In Ulead DVD Workshop 2, click on the color swatch box, and pick the Ulead color picker. Again, you can see the HEX# for the color. RGB, is another option. Both work. Just two systems of ID'ing color in software. HSB and CMYK are others. I'd use RGB of HEX# myself.

Match the numbers to match the colors in both programs. It's that easy.

To find out what a color is, use Photoshop and pick the eyeglass picker. Click the color you want on an image, and it will be the color in the swatch box.

You have to be on the same layer for this to work if in a multi-layer PSD file.

If you want to find color in something other than Photoshop, like a webpage, then press PRTSCRN on your keyboard, go to Photoshop, make a new document (File>New,OK), then paste. Repeat the eyedropper tool, etc. There's also software that does this, but I already have Photoshop, and just assume use it since it's likely already going to be open!

--

Again, it's hard to learn this software without getting your hands dirty a bit, clicking and playing around to see what's possible. There are no books or instructions that can teach every possible scenario and use for these. It's a task-by-task thing, and learning the basics is how you're able to use them well for any project that comes along.

Hope this helps.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors