Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Videography: Cameras, TVs and Players

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-05-2020, 01:27 PM
Free Member

Good afternoon,

I've recently been trying a new method of Time Base Correction. I really need a form of TBC because I almost daily use VHS camcorders (just because I like them and their simplicity far more than modern digital camcorders.)

My old set-up:
-Philips and Grundig (VHS) camcorders
-Daewoo VCR
-ARISTONA Dvd recorder as pass-trough TBC
-WinTV PcI-card.

My new set-up exists out of:
-Philips and Grundig (VHS) camcorders
-Daewoo VCR
-Panasonic NV-GS400 (MiniDV) camcorder as pass-trough TBC.

Anytime I connect my VHS camcorder or VCR to the Panasonic MiniDV to digitize the analog videos to my PC via MotionDV I get this strange bar (raarprobleem.png

You must be logged in to view this content; either login or register for the forum. The attached screen shots, before/after images, photos and graphics are created/posted for the benefit of site members. And you are invited to join our digital media community.
) with weird pixels on the left of the picture. This can't be from a DV-tape, because I only use the DV device as a pass-trough. However the DV camcorder clearly functions as a really good TBC pass-trough..but it has a very weird malfunction. (The bar is also seen when playing a standard DV-Tape in the Panasonic Dv camcorder)

Anyone familiar with this kinda malfunctions?

I hope someone will write back,

Greetings from Holland!

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-05-2020, 09:16 PM
Free Member

I haven't experienced that before in any of my DV transfers, but if it's persistent across your VCR passthrough and in-camera DV playback, I'd start by looking at the camcorder output. The plug itself, your firewire cable, your PC's firewire input. They'd be the most likely suspects?
11-06-2020, 08:48 AM
Free Member

Thanks for your reply! @kingbean Appreciate it..

Everything seems fine, because if I put an Digital8 camcorder on the firewire and also with a new wire, it works perfectly, just as smooth as with the dv camcorder, but without the weird pixel-bar. (Drivers are also installed correctly and updated)

If I connect the DV camcorder to my television set, with RCA or with S-Video the same bar appears.

I really don't know what it could be, since I don't have that much experience with digital devices. (that's actually one of the reasons I prefer analog haha)
11-06-2020, 11:07 AM
Free Member

Sounds like there's something wrong with the camcorder then.
11-30-2020, 02:06 PM
Free Member

Did you try WinDV or ScenalyzerLive?

Tags
digitize, fault, minidv, tbc, vhs