Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-02-2023, 10:36 AM
Free Member

Hi, i’m very new to the world of analog video technology. I have recently gotten into glitch art and perform with a band doing visuals for them. I have been forced to bring my crt tv to every show and rescan that with a camera and send that to a projector. I need a TBC very badly but I don’t want to spend $300 on a hotronic one off ebay if it won’t work with particularly glitchy signals. Anywhere i’m just looked for some recommendations and any information that could be helpful
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by proxyy View Post
Hi, i’m very new to the world of analog video technology. I have recently gotten into glitch art and perform with a band doing visuals for them. I have been forced to bring my crt tv to every show and rescan that with a camera and send that to a projector. I need a TBC very badly but I don’t want to spend $300 on a hotronic one off ebay if it won’t work with particularly glitchy signals. Anywhere i’m just looked for some recommendations and any information that could be helpful
Don't waste time buying junk TBCs off eBay. That's not what you want. There are some very specific models, and specific versions of those models, that you want for this.

What is your realistic budget here? (Not a mere $300, way too low to get a non-junk TBC.)
That will determine the exact unit.

For other readers, glitch/video art is not the same as standard video conversion needs (ie, VHS to digital conversions). It needs to respect the errors, not really correct (ie, remove the glitches, the art), nor make worse. There is some overlap with budget great used for conversion.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-02-2023, 11:40 AM
Free Member

Honestly my budget can’t be too crazy high but honestly at this point i’m willing to pay whatever just to get my setup working. As long as it’s reasonable i guess haha

Tags
tbc, time base corrector