09-23-2005, 04:56 PM
MOTUfan MOTUfan is offline
Free Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia, MN, USA.
Posts: 123
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I remember the old adapters they are still sold in Radio Shacks. I was wondering if anyone here could modify one for me to be a connector similar to todays modern systems etc?? i seem to remember one or two on ebay ages ago that someone removed the prongs and replaced it with audio/video cables or the type connectors that PS2 etc use. Can anyone help??


Patience is a virtue, but when dealing with a Panasonic a sledge hammer would be so much faster.......
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Ads / Sponsors
Join Date: ∞
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
09-23-2005, 05:02 PM
lordsmurf's Avatar
lordsmurf lordsmurf is offline
Site Staff | Video
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 13,633
Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
There are sites online that teach you how to build these.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Reply With Quote
09-23-2005, 05:40 PM
Pepeart Pepeart is offline
Free Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: New Cuyama, Ca, USA.
Posts: 41
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Go to radio shack and get the female rca adapter to Male RF. if you want separate audio and video cables its a pain or at least it was for me. I tried it and I ended up with a non working unit.
Reply With Quote
09-26-2005, 07:11 AM
Tcel93 Tcel93 is offline
Free Member
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 131
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I'm currently making one for my Collecovision which as an Atari Adapter for it. The cable has long been lost, so I just purchased a an adapter to make it a regular coax connection. I'm then going to connect it to a tranfer block before going into the LCD TV. On that old of system and graphics, you won't lose anything and there really isn't a whole lot to gain by seperating the two signals (unless you want to specifically plug it in to rca plugs). The transfer block or whatever you want to call it will split the signals for you to plug into the tv. They go coax to RCA or S-video or whatever you determine you want to buy.
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:50 AM