Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Videography: Cameras, TVs and Players

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-23-2018, 03:38 PM
Free Member

Hello everyone!

I recently got an Admiral JSJ-20451 for my NTSC tapes I want to capture, but the remote control was missing.

I need to be able to cycle the audio modes on it, and I couldn't figure out how using the buttons on the front panel. Can it be done without the remote? If not, will any Admiral-branded VCR remote work or is it model specific?

Thank you in advance for any help, and sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-23-2018, 08:47 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,447 Times in 2,079 Posts
This is a really nice VHS VCR.

The "Admiral" brand was Montgomery Ward's in-house rebadge label, and it's almost always a Sharp. I have 3 of these myself. In fact, I may have an extra remote for it. I can tell you exactly what you need.

I'll look tomorrow.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: Prim (03-24-2018)
03-24-2018, 03:22 AM
Free Member

I thought you would approve of the VCR, I got it because of this old thread - https://forum.videohelp.com/threads/...hich-Sharp-VCR

If you have a spare remote, and if you're willing to sell it and send it to Europe (Norway), then that is great. I see that I could get a custom remote for it on eBay, but it's really expensive (especially GSP shipping) and I don't know how well it works.

Appreciate your reply, lordsmurf.

EDIT: By the way, thank you for the VCR buying guide, it's a great resource which I've used a lot. I got a JVC HR-S7965 a few years back based on that thread.

Are you aware if Sharp made a PAL equivalent to the JSJ-20451?

Last edited by Prim; 03-24-2018 at 03:46 AM.
03-26-2018, 06:51 AM
Free Member

I figured it out!

In the menu, the tracking buttons moves the cursor up and down (had already worked that out), and the FF/REW buttons controls side to side (like when choosing the audio modes from L, R or LR). It baffles me that I didn't try this sooner. Well, at least now I know, right? I guess I won't be needing that remote after all, but really appreciate the help regardless.