Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

LinkBack Thread Tools
06-26-2023, 08:45 AM
Premium Member

First off, this forum has been a Godsend to me. Way more info than I'll ever be able to use.

Up for grabs is my personal video digitizing equipment. More pictures are available if you want.

The $552.50 (USD) price is based on current ebay sales prices for all of the included items. I'm negotiable so feel free to shoot me an offer.

If you’re considering converting your video tapes to digital look no further.
You’re looking at the following equipment:
• Panasonic AG-1970P Pro-Line Editing S-VHS Commercial Use VCR
• Dell UltraSharp 2007FPB 20” LCD Monitor USB HUB VGA DVI 1600x1200 4:3
• Diamond Multimedia VC500 One Touch VHS to Digital
• and Cables, cables, cables

Here are the finer points.

The Panasonic AG-1970P VCR comes with the following:
• Remote
• Original Box
• PDF files of Owners Manual and Service Manual on thumb drive (I’ve searched for the original but it seems to be buried in my files someplace)
• Power Cord
• 7 S-Video Cables–2 high quality, 5 mid grade
• Maxell Cassette VHS-C Adapter
• Various audio patch cables (RCA and jack type)

The Dell 2007FPB monitor comes with the following:
• Dell AX510 Flat Panel Speakers
• Stand
• Power Cable
• Moread DVI to Display Port Adapter
• UOEOS USB to VGA Adapter
• ELECABLE USB to VGA Adapter
• Cables:
o DVI Cable x 2
o VGA Cable x 2

The Diamond VC500 comes with various Audio patch cables both RCA and jack type.

Here’s the background on all this stuff.
AG1970P
I purchased 2 AG1970’s with editing deck, monitors, and software new in 1992 with the idea of becoming a professional videographer. Well that didn’t pan out and I only produced 3 videos with this equipment. Shortly after non-linear video editing came into it’s own and my equipment was obsolete.

I retained the one AG1970 since I had all of my personal video tapes that I planned to digitize. Realizing that this was a pretty big job I paid to have the tapes converted to DVD. Big mistake! Quality was very poor. I recently went through the entire DVD library and used this tape deck to re-capture some of the video that was poorly transcribed to DVD. Bottom line is that I’m guessing this tape deck has less than 200 hours of use.

I can attest that everything needed to convert tape to digital works. I can’t tell you about the editing interface since it hasn’t been used since the early 1990’s but all other elements worked perfectly. (see video of jogging and playback).

There are minor scratches on the top of the tape deck.

Dell 2007FPB
I needed a monitor with S-Video input to connect to the tape deck so I purchased the only monitor I could find with S-Video input. I also used this as a second monitor on my PC (hence the USB to VGA and DVI adapters). The monitor doesn’t do a good job of maintaining sync with high speed scrubbing but has a nice display at about 150% speed (again see video of jogging). The PIP feature was nice when I was using with the S-Video.

Everything seems to work just fine and there are no dead pixels.

There is a small scratch on the top front but it’s not noticeable when the monitor is on. I didn’t notice it until I was taking pictures.

Diamond VC500
This is a USB connection to the audio and video inputs for digitization. I can honestly say that I have no complaints with this device. DO NOT use Diamond’s software, it’s terrible. I used Virtual Dub and didn’t have any problems capturing video.

I personally stand behind my sales. If this equipment does not meet your expectations please let me know.

SHIPPING
I am shipping from Chula Vista CA 91919
Box is 24" x 21" x 18" Weight 50 pounds. I will help get the lowest shipping cost including changing to two boxes if that helps.
I will ship with any carrier of your choice. My experience is that domestic shipping is lowest using Fedex Ground. Incredibly, the lowest cost on international shipping for large items is usually Global Express Guaranteed.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ad1.jpg (88.4 KB, 10 downloads)
File Type: jpg ad7.jpg (70.8 KB, 9 downloads)
File Type: jpg ad10.jpg (69.5 KB, 6 downloads)
File Type: jpg ad14.jpg (78.7 KB, 7 downloads)
File Type: jpg ad16.jpg (122.5 KB, 7 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-02-2023, 04:31 PM
Premium Member

Forgot to mention that I will break this set up if anyone just wants pieces.
07-08-2023, 10:42 AM
Premium Member

Sold.

Thanks forum!

Tags
ag1970p, dell 2007fpb, for sale, vc500