Go Back    Forum > Featured > Marketplace

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Premium Member

This is a super high end VCR which retailed for about $6,000

The are pretty rare, so I thought to put it out on the Marketplace if someone was interested in this machine.

This VCR plays only SP recorded tapes, it's audio outs is a bit different than normal, please read the manual.

As far as this machine:

This VCR pretty much has the most advanced TBC I have seen on a VCR, you can make a lot of hardware adjustments to improve the picture. (PLEASE READ ABOUT THE TBC IN THE PDF FILE)

The picture quality is as good as you will ever find on a VCR.

Rules of the Sale:

#1 Because this is not a normal VCR, it will be serviced by a professional and guaranteed for 1 year. This is not your normal service plan every capacitors will be replaced with a brand new one, this is to insure a prefect working unit. Everything inside the machine will be perfect from the Video Heads to the Pinch Rollers.

#2 This work will be outsource and will take at least 1 week to complete upon the sale of the item.

#3 Because everything will be in perfect working order before shipment of the VCR it will be insured for $6,000 to guard against any kind of damage or playback problems upon delivery of the unit.

#4 These are heavy machines also, please keep that in mind when it comes to shipping.

IF INTERESTED IN THIS UNIT PLEASE PM MY ACCOUNT AND MAKE AN OFFER OR WE CAN DISCUSS THE SALE OF THIS ITEM. THE PRICE IS NOT SET AT A FIXED AMOUNT, HOWEVER THE SERVICE PLAN ALONE IS GOING TO COST $125 AND THAN SHIPPING WILL BE AROUND $60 to $70.

ALL PAYMENTS WILL BE DONE VIA PAYPAL
FULL REFUND WOULD BE GIVEN ONLY ON A DEFECTIVE NON-WORKING UNIT.
IF YOU BUY IT AND DON'T LIKE IT, IT IS YOURS AND THAN YOU NEED TO SELL IT.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf AGDS840P.PDF (2.96 MB, 30 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Free Member

That's pretty neat, they certainly did everything they could for the technology of the time. Any video samples from it?
11-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Premium Member

You can make so many different adjustments to the picture with this VCR, aka the Chroma/Luma Channels and different types of Noise Reduction, in order to show them all in a sample video, would almost be impossible. Personally, this is the most advanced VCR (with features) that I have come across.

From doing some tests vs the AG1980, using the same tape, it seems to me that the AG1980 felt like a really basic machine vs the AG-DS840. What I mean, with the AG1980 all you could do was sharpen the picture using a slider bar on the control panel, with the AG-DS840, it was like you could do whatever you wanted. The tape tracking features on this machine are pretty freakin amazing.

The Picture Quality Difference? It kind of depends on the person viewing it, but more than likely with this machine, you could get the picture quality to the level you wanted. It is not magic, like making a horrible tape awesome. Stock Recordings vs Stock Recordings, for VHS you are going to get a better result using this kind of machine. This VCR is more for a professional or someone who wants to get the best results and doesn't mind playing around with different settings. Most VCR's don't give you that, but this one has all the bells and whistles.

One of the reasons for doing the service plan before it is shipped is so that all the details are perfect and close to or better than a new machine. You don't want one or two faulty capacitors. From dealing with Panasonic AG units, the capacitors are what seems to cause the most problems. This machine doesn't have any problems but not taking any chances. By doing the service work it does guaranteed everything for 1 year. That is pinch rollers, caps, and all the adjustments made by the repair shop.
11-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Free Member

Would you be willing to run a test signal through it? I mean if I send you a dvd.iso.. it's onlya minute long. I can give you a test report
11-09-2011, 12:11 PM
Premium Member

Only if you are interested in the purchase of this machine. Even though the clip is a minute, would need to issue to DVD, play or record that signal than record to VHS. Next play the VHS tape on this machine, capture, issue to mpeg2 to upload.
11-09-2011, 02:02 PM
Free Member

Exactly, I agree. I don't feel like doing it often myself. Just thought I'd ask, in case you had enough interest in the calibration/performance of this machine.
12-18-2011, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

Ok just did the REPAIRS to this MACHINE, it is MINT.

Is anyone interested ???

Going to try to sell this ASAP.....
12-18-2011, 08:40 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by deter View Post
Ok just did the REPAIRS to this MACHINE, it is MINT.
Is anyone interested ???
Going to try to sell this ASAP.....
I should have the Dec 2011 digitalFAQ.com Newsletter done later this week, and I'll mention this and other hardware being for sale by our members. There's thousands of people on the mailing list. Newsletter should be monthly for free members, from now on. And weekly for Premium Members. It's just taken a while to get to a place where the site was ready.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
03-05-2012, 06:35 PM
Premium Member

Needed to update this thread, can't sell this VCR, it is too good !!! The thing is priceless......Kind of forgot that I listed this....
Closed Thread