Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-19-2009, 12:40 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

from e-mail...

Quote:
i purchased dvd conversion software through a company called vso-software.fr, I,ve attempted to burn several blank sony drd-r, a couple of them have successfully burn and others have not, all off the same website, do not understand inconsistency, every movie I ran thru the conversation software indicated it was a successful conversion, can you help me in this manner.
VSO makes some excellent software, and I'm going to assume you refer to ConvertXToDVD. In the past year of us, I've only come across one DVD player that rejected the authoring from ConvertX. The quality is always great, although that can largely depend on the settings selected by the user. It's almost as good as MainConcept, in my opinion, in encode quality.

So that probably eliminates the VSO software as the problem.

I don't remember if ConvertX wants to burn discs, or if it suggested other VSO burning software. At any rate, the best DVD-Video burning software currently available is the freeware tool ImgBurn. Using BUILD MODE, you can drag the VIDEO_TS (and AUDIO_TS folder, if exists) into ImgBurn, and burn a disc.

Burning software can cause playback/quality issues, in terms of if being rejected by a player or other similar stop/start/stutter errors.

Lastly, but most common, is the DVD media. Are you using good discs? Check what you're using again the DVD Media Review on this site. Post back here with what you're using.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors