01-28-2009, 12:42 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

from e-mail...
Quote:
I bought some Verbatim DVD-R(4.7GB/16x),which are manufactured by Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.(Manufacturer ID: MCC03RG20).They say they were made in China.However, checking your list, it says they are produced just in Singapore,Taiwan and India.I'd like to know if it's or not necessary to be worried about it.
For a short time now, Verbatim has been producing CD-R in Chinese plants, and it appears that it has added DVD media more recently.

This is probably not fake media. Historically, fake Verbatims faked the packaging too, and it would list manufacturing origin as one of the other known countries, like Taiwan or India.

This media is not (to my knowledge) found in North America, so we've not had a chance to test it personally. But initial reports from our sources worldwide are that is is still decent media, in their tests. This is not a surprise, as Mitsubishi/Verbatim tends to keep high quality control on products bearing their name.

Personally, I would be wary of any disc made in China, as that country does NOT have a good track record in this area of manufacturing. Test thoroughly.

Hope that helps.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors