Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Blank Media

LinkBack Thread Tools
04-01-2012, 10:32 AM
Free Member

Hey lordsmurf, sorry to bother you on a question you have been asked about a 1,000 times. Before I buy another bundle of DVD blanks I wanted to ask you first. I bought JVC Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 4.7GB 8X Silver Lacquer that did good, but wanted to ask you what you thought of them and if I should look it a certain thing on the disc's, like where they were made. Or are JVC Taiyo Yuden it really doesn't matter where this brand is made.

Thanks in advance for your advice!

TC
-tcory

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-01-2012, 10:55 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,448 Times in 2,080 Posts
I could give a long answer here, but there's really not much need.
Authentic Taiyo Yuden media is ONLY manufactured in Japan. If it's not from Japan, it's fake! Period!

This is the main reason it's important to buy from a respected/authorized retailer, so that you can verify the lineage back to Japan.
Supermediastore and Meritline are two such stores.

And yes, those are great discs.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs