Go Back    Forum > Digital Life > Tech Myths, Misinformation

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-15-2010, 06:47 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I came across this while doing some online research into old Verbatim documents, and I can't help but to think that this is ridiculous: http://www.greentunecd.com

Quote:
When Did the Green Tune CD First Come Out?
Mitsubishi (MKM) first announced the "GREEN TUNE" to the Japanese market in 2005 but, they didn't really perfect it and go to market with it until 2006. RMGI Pro Digital Media Group brought the Green Tune CD for Audio Mastering to the States in July 2007.
This is a marketing gimmick. "We bought something that nobody else has." And then proceed to make it sound like the best thing in the world, and everybody not buying it is missing out. They beat out the competition, and you'll be a fool to buy anything else. Only they were ordained and special enough to receive this mystical delight. I see this type of marketing BS with MLM's and pyramid schemes all the time. Same bull, different industry.

Quote:
The "Green Tune" for Audio Mastering CD is made specifically for Audio Mastering and Audio Recording. It can be used to store 700MBs of data, but is not designed for that purpose.
There's really no such thing as a "data disc" or an "audio disc" -- the only truth here is that some dyes react better with the types of recorders being implemented into certain kinds of audio recording gear. But that's an issue with finicky audio recorders -- it's not a special disc. It's just a drive that allows less disc choice, and this happens to be one of the discs using that dye type.

Quote:
Why Is It Called the Green Tune?
It's called the Green Tune due to the color of its inkjet printable label surface. This printable surface is a unique coating which helps it to reject absorbtion of ambient and exterior mechanical noises as well as reduces vibration, allowing you to achieve a higher quality audio recording.
This has been proven to be baloney. There are all sorts of special "coatings" being advertised out there which promise to improve audio quality -- but it's all a bunch of bunk. I believe the debunking is in one of Jim Taylor's books. It's most definitely part of the research in my collection of several hundred PDFs.

Quote:
For now, we have discontinued selling the Green Tune CD to online resellers at this time. We want to give local music stores, recording studios, music and audio institutes, and other music-related localized businesses the advantage of carrying the product in-house, in hopes to help them drive more traffic to their locations. We like to support local businesses where we can.
Again with the "limited" marketing mindset. It's a taunt that hopes you'll be tempted enough to buy, and at whatever insane price they may have set for it. Again, Black/Gray Marketing 101 methodology.

Quote:
What is the Difference Between AZO and Super AZO Media Dyes?
AZO media dye is the standard media dye for almost all recordable DVDs and many brands of recordable CDs. Super AZO Media Dye was developed by Mitsubishi (MKM) as an enhanced AZO media dye that burns cleaner, faster, and more efficiently than any other AZO media dye they have developed, so far. Super AZO media dye has an added ingredient that ordinary AZO media dyes do not have. This organic additive is rare and once it is gone, they say it cannot be replicated or replaced, and that will be the end of this particular version of Super AZO media dye. What that component is, is their secret ingredient and has not been told to us by name. We do know, it is one of the key components that makes the Green Tune CD sound better, run more quietly and more efficiently than other Audio Mastering discs. You really have to try it for yourself to see if this is thee Audio Mastering CD you have been looking for.
I just really have to roll my eyes at this sort of pseudo-science horseplop.

Translation: "Buy our stuff because it's special and magical!"

No, sorry, afraid not.

And what's sort of sad is the fact that we suggestion Mitsubishi Super AZO media as some of the best CD-R made, along with Taiyo Yuden. But it's simply because the media is good -- not because of some mystical hoo-hah as described here.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors