Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-19-2023, 07:45 PM
Free Member

I've been testing out a decent workflow over the past 4 months to capture in VirtualDub uncompressed footage with either HuffyUV or the Lagarith codecs, the goal is to backup/digitize about 50 VHS/VHS-C tapes and deinterlace using QTGMC. I've finally been about to get the consistent capture rate at 29.97FPS using AmRecTV.

My next hurdle is getting FCPX to play my ProRes.mov files on the project timeline without rendering them, I try to create a project timeline based on my encoded clips but it won't automatically generate a project to match the file I have, this leads me to believe I'm not encoding to ProRes in VirtualDub correctly. The clips are captured from HuffyUV YUV2 then deinterlaced from 29.97 to 59.94 using the ProRes codec with QTGMC/VirtualDub.

Can someone go over ProRes encoding settings so that my ProRes.mov files will not render in the project time line. If I take a file shot on my Cannon Vixia HF R600 at 59.94p MP4 and bring it in FCPX and create a project time line automatically based off the clip, the video in the time line doesn't need to render as the project setting are setup according to the MP4 file. I'm trying to do the same with a ProRes.mov from VirtualDub.

Again if anyone has had success editing ProRes clips and not having to render them, can you please disclose the process used when encoding to ProRes.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors