Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-13-2012, 05:32 PM
Premium Member

Is this spam?

I Got a reply from a kind of old thread from a "ZEROWALKER" user Yesterday at 2:34 PM
Regarding "Best ATI alternatives"???????? Please check out "ZEROWALKER" ASAP!!!

This question was asked via email. Site Staff no longer answer tech questions via email, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-13-2012, 05:43 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

This is an excellent question, and is why I've moved your email into a post.

Zerowalker replied to a forum sticky -- what we call an "FAQ" here in the digitalFAQ.com forums. He's a legitimate member of this community, and not a spammer in any way. (We're actually quite proactive when it comes to removing spam. Whatever is not automatically blocked gets named and shamed.)

The FAQ thread in question is here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...ti-wonder.html.

Sometimes Q&A discussions here on the forum are important enough to warrant being pinned to the top of a forum category, because they're common questions. These FAQs allow us to focus on new questions, rather than re-answering the old ones again and again -- which is precisely why site staff now refuses to "hide" tech Q&A answers in emails. Should somebody ask the same old question, it's most often answered by replying with a link, and instructions to read it. If there are questions, reply in that pinned thread.

Most threads semi-lock after 15 days, and only original participants should reply to it.

Only stickies are really "evergreen" and there is leniency in letting others reply at any later date, if it expands on the current topic. Sometimes we'll reply in-thread (as will happen this time), and sometimes the post is moved to a new dedicated thread for that person.

You can always unsubscribe from individual threads, if needed.

The email alerts are there for your benefit -- and it's one extra reason why older non-sticky threads should only be reopened by previous participants of the conversation. The link to unsubscribe from individual threads is in the email itself. Clicking that link will stop emails for that thread. (Turning off all emails from the forum is a very bad idea, and is not suggested at all.)

As always, I do appreciate it very much when members point out what they consider to be potentially inappropriate or spammy content, either by clicking the red flag to report a post, sending a Site Staff member a PM, or using the Contact Us email form to alert us to shenanigans. The community is stronger because of it, and the community is, after all, made for you.

Thanks again.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
07-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Premium Member

It's kind of funny that I started a good security question/concern!..because zerowalker replied to an old post,I got an e-mail from your site (of course),and being very tired, I went into panic mode!!,I guess maybe he thought I could answer his question,which was pure gobble-de-gook to me!,then I saw the 1,000+ views on the post,which I mis-took for 1,000+ followers of Zerowalker, I was afraid to click any link or info at all,about the potential "spammer"!... Later, I found out it was all an innocent thing, just like the mistakes I have made while learning how to use a forum!!!!..Thanks..and apologies if appropriate!!!
The following users thank rocko for this useful post: lordsmurf (07-19-2012)