Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-23-2012, 10:28 PM
Free Member

I can barely read the topics in the threads. Your background is medium blue and the topics on the threads are light blue, making them basically invisible. Is there something I can do to my monitor in order to read them?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Something must be wrong with your computer or browser. What are your reading it with?
It looks fine in almost everything. So far, the only problem browser is Opera on iOS (iPad), which is Opera's fault.

See attached.

Thanks.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg digitalFAQ.jpg (63.4 KB, 4 downloads)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
07-23-2012, 10:30 PM
Free Member

Thanks, I will try viewing all with Firefox vs Explorer and see if that helps. C2
07-23-2012, 10:42 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Let me know what you were using before, so I can test against it.

The site actually has special hack CSS/PHP/HTML coding for IE6. And then IE7 to IE9 all work fine, although you'll get the anti-IE warning at top. It's not supposed to show on IE8+, but IE9 broke conditionals for some reason. Rather than remove the IE9 warnings, it's going to be changed to suggest people just stop using IE period. It's a real pain in the butt to develop for, as it's not fully web-standards compliant, and many other better browsers exist.

These are all better choices:
  • Firefox, Pale Moon, SeaMonkey
  • Safari
  • Google Chrome, Chromium, SRWare Iron, Comodo Dragon

I don't suggest Opera. It's gotten to be just as bad as IE, concerning how it breaks sites. It only has a sub-2% market share anyway. It's easier for Opera users to switch than it is for site admins to make sites load in a format Opera agrees to.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg digitalFAQ-IE9.jpg (44.2 KB, 4 downloads)

- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
07-24-2012, 03:29 AM
Premium Member

Yesterday I had a similar problem only on DFAQ Forum pages,the white/gray background was missing and so all text and icons were just "floating" in the blue! ,but today is back to normal,I use firefox (up to date)
07-24-2012, 05:30 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,460 Times in 2,092 Posts
Blue is good.

... just not this time.

There was 5 minutes of downtime yesterday (7/23), between 12:12 and 12:18 p.m. CST. I wonder if there was some issues preceding it, which eventually caused it to tank. This conversation is a continuation of an email from Sunday 7/22 at 8:22 p.m., which was moved back into posts. So it appears there have been at least two reported incidents thus far?

If you come across this again, let us know. Timestamps are important, too (with time zones).

Thanks.

- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs