Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-08-2012, 10:54 PM
Premium Member

After wanting one for 15 years, I finally picked up a Video Toaster 4000 system. That old worn out Sony TBC I picked up to do VHS transfers tow years ago came in handy, as it is genlockable. The Video Toaster requires synchronized video inputs in order to work. I created some videos to show some of the effects and to give an overview of the system, check them out below:

System Overview (16:9 HD):

Demo (4:3 SD):

Production Notes: The overview video was shot with my Canon HV20 camcorder. The Toaster demo video was shot with a Sony CCD-TRV65 and DCR-TRV840 as the source cameras. I captured the output using my ATI All-in-Wonder 9600XT capture card using MMC 8.8. The soundtrack was added with Adobe Premiere CS4. All video effects were solely generated by the Video Toaster.

Note: The "youtube" vB tag doesn't seem to support embedding 16:9 videos in the post in their native format.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-12-2012, 10:49 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJRoadfan View Post
Note: The "youtube" vB tag doesn't seem to support embedding 16:9 videos in the post in their native format.
It does now.

Most of the bbcode on digitalFAQ.com was written by me. It's all custom.
The widescreen bbcode is youtubews. Example syntax: [youtubews]videoID#[/youtubews]

Back on topic...

It amazes me how well computers worked on video back in the day, even if it was rudimentary hardware-wise (for the computer). Even Star Trek TNG had CG back in 1987!

It's always fun to visit memory lane, and show appreciation of methods of yesterday. I still play Sega MS/GG games, for similar reasons. As much as old games are still fun, old hardware can still be useful. If nothing else, it's good for somebody to learn on. It's like learning how to walk before learning how to run. These days, everybody wants you to "hit the ground running", but it's so unreasonable, because nobody seems to understand the history and earlier generation of methods.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
09-19-2012, 11:19 AM
Free Member

Yes the memories are fine but linear editing is not one of them!
09-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsordawson View Post
Yes the memories are fine but linear editing is not one of them!
Thats what the Toaster Flyer card is for!

Tags
amiga, newtek, video toaster