Go Back    Forum > Featured > General Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-30-2014, 10:33 AM
Premium Member

I frequent this forum quite a lot, particularly on my iPhone, and it'd make for a much better experience if I could interact with it in a format designed for mobile devices. Currently, reading/posting is rather difficult on this site.

Solution:
Tapatalk is a great app that many forums are part of these days, it's well designed and conveniently keeps all forums in one place - if you guys could get on board, it'd be fantastic. Well worth the effort IMO.

Please consider the request and my apologies if this has been brought up already.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-31-2014, 05:19 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Right this minute, I'm accessing the site on an iPad from a hotel.

About 2 years ago, getting it fully compatible with iOS was something that we did.

When the site was *just* video, most everybody accessed it from a desktop or laptop, because they were in the middle of doing those tasks. Now that it has lots of web hosting info too, there's been a few requests for a iPhone theme.

I'm not too keen on Tapatalk (I've looked, I've used it), so a local style is needed. I've got a few on my desktop at work, but we can't implement it yet. There's some major programming coming to the forum soon, and we have to finish that first, then take a snapshot when it's bugs are sorted.

Long explanation, but pretty much what you requests is coming hopefully in the next few months.

I still use a non-smart dumb phone, by choice, so I've got to borrow staff phones when the time comes. We'll see how that goes!

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.

Tags
request, tapatalk