Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Hardware Repair

LinkBack Thread Tools
10-30-2023, 12:58 AM
Free Member

I have been given a Toshiba V-31A Beta VCR, it had been sitting for a number of years and I was hoping to be able to playback some of the tapes that belonged to my folks.

I've replaced all the belts and re-capped the power supply as it originally didn't power on. Playback is my next issue, cleaning the heads did have some improvement but as you can see something still isn't right. In my test video I start where I can get the video looking the cleanest then I slowly wind the tracking control from one side to the other. There seems to be a lot of noise still. I accessed the board this tracking controller is on and cleaned the switch to no avail. I performed a visual check of the caps on other boards, nothing stood out.

I suspect the heads which means this machine is probably done but I thought I'd ask here if there are any suggestions.

Cheers
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-31-2023, 07:04 AM
Free Member

Apart from the seeming interference pattern the basic picture could be a lot worse. The picture signal to noise seems OK so I guess the heads are also OK. What is "still frame" like?

Maybe it's related to the DOC. Is there a DOC adjust trimmer?

Tags
beta