08-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Free Member

I've been searching for a bit and have failed to come up with an answer to this question.
I have a used Panasonic AG-1980 and was wondering if there was a way to "enable" the hours of use it has seen?
I have a service manual and it mentions this in the normal maintenance of the machine, but I have yet to find a way for the machine to display its hours of use.

I don't even know if it keeps track of this.

I signed up specifically to post this because I found most all the useful info I have found so far has been from this site.

-Jim
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-27-2011, 07:18 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimvhs View Post
I signed up specifically to post this because I found most all the useful info I have found so far has been from this site. -Jim
Welcome to the site.

Quote:
wondering if there was a way to "enable" the hours of use it has seen?
Off-hand, no, I don't know what it would be. I would do just as you have done -- refer to the service manual.

Quote:
I don't even know if it keeps track of this.
While it's a safe bet that most professional grade equipment does keep track of hours of use, it's not a guarantee. This is further complicated by the fact that AG-1980P was sometimes viewed as a "budget" professional video deck, as opposed to far fancier or specialized models. For example, this VCR had a consumer feature: an analog TV tuner, with a remote control. (Though oddly still not considered "prosumer" gear, like comparable JVC branded equipment.) Sometimes these higher-end professional features, like logging usage, are missing on the budget/prosumer gear.

In short, even I'm not 100% that it does record this information.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!