08-04-2011, 02:30 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Hi Friends,
I would like to check my website in different browsers and resolutions to make sure it appears properly everywhere. I was thinking,is there any website that allows you to view how the webpage would appear across different browsers and resolutions.

I am not looking for Validator websites,i am looking for actual websites that shows you the real simualtion.

Your help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-25-2013, 06:36 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

This was a spammer, but I'll briefly answer anyway...

The best way to accomplish this is to actually install the browsers and test it yourself. Same for the OS -- a good designer should own both a Mac and Windows. If you want, I'd even suggest Linux (Xubuntu), and test it there. That's the only 100% reliable method.

There are some sites that claim to do this, but they rarely give accurate results.

The most popular one is http://browsershots.org -- but again, not 100% reliable like DIY would be.

And you only need to test current browser anyway, For example, IE8 and newer. IE7 and older makes up less than 1% of users.

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!