10-05-2020, 07:13 AM
Free Member

Just received my 710 from LS, am now looking for the drivers. The links in various posts, such as this one:

http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...html#post64990

all go to the Pinnacle Studio product page now.

I'd be grateful if someone could point me to the drivers; I have done a scour of the 'net, to no avail. Interestingly, It is shown in Device Manager and the driver is 4.0.46.0 (with no installation on my part).

VDub sees it in the device list but with no Video Source and no preview or overlay (the proc amp controls are visible under "Levels"), AmarecTV crashes.

Thanks!
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

10-05-2020, 07:18 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
- Download Crossbar Thing: http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/vide...html#post58837
- Download drivers: http://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/vide...html#post64929

I just now updated the drivers post, both driver packages are now attached.

Again, instructions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Install drivers, reboot is required.
Start Crossbar Thing, set to s-video crossbar. Close.
Then open VirtualDub, capture mode.
Preview mode, not overlay.
Set to s-video if needed (if not already showing s-video), should look perfect.
- Do not use VirtualDub2.
- Crossbar Thing is only need for post-XP (Vista/7/8/10)
- For some XP systems, Overlay may work fine on the 710. It does for me.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: 113pigeon (10-23-2021)
10-05-2020, 07:22 AM
Free Member

Thanks LS, I'll give it a go.

-- merged --

Got the mighty 710 running. I have a hunch that Win 10 automatically installs the correct drivers; when I initially plugged it in, a period of downloading occurred, and the 710 went from "other devices" to "Pinnacle 710-USB" in Sound Video and Game Controllers. I was then able to access it. I had hours of dramas keeping it going, and in that time I installed the links driver, but the driver version (4.0.46.0) remained the same.

One of my other sticks, the VGB-100, also started playing up with VDub and I finally worked out that "ejecting" them meant they'd behave when plugging back in. Only the GV-USB2 was bulletproof; it never have had any connection/detection issues with VDub.

Next issue: in VDub, I have the Volume Meter displayed with audio input showing, but I can't monitor the audio through the speakers. My Windows sounds only has Line In and Stereo Mix. All my previous captures have been using the Line-In on the motherboard so monitoring (and adjustment) were easy.

How do I monitor the audio being fed into VDub by the 710 and is there a way to control the recording level?

Thanks, Al

-- merged --

I've done some more testing with the audio: when I capture using my VGB-100, I can hear audio through the speakers, but I can't when capturing with the 710. In the Windows mixer, the speakers are ticked as the default device, but there is no levels activity at all.
10-10-2020, 12:25 AM
Free Member

There is no such Win 10 drivers, Support stopped in 2012 for Win 7, The drivers may have some functionality under Win 10, but I believe the crossbar is inoperative so you'll have to use a third party app to set video input, video standard and resolution, Vdub can also change some of the settings but not all of them.
The following users thank latreche34 for this useful post: Hushpower (10-10-2020)
10-10-2020, 12:45 AM
Free Member

Thanks LaTreche, as LS says above, I'm using Crossbar Thing to set the input (the VDub "Video Source" is greyed out with "No video sources" displayed). The rest I can change in VDub.

One thing I have noticed is that the video preview in VDub is jerky, so I have to use Preview Acceleration>Interlaced-Frames to get a smooth preview.

Thinking more about the audio, would I be right in saying one can't control the input level with VDub (or the Windows Mixer) unless I put another device in the audio workflow? Watching the level meter, all the tapes I've played through the 710 have had good but not too-high audio levels so hopefully the audio levels won't be an issue.
05-15-2023, 03:50 AM
LindaParker

I feel your frustration in trying to find those Pinnacle 710USB drivers for Windows 10. It's crazy how quickly links can become outdated, right? This thread is 3 years old, but I'm still happy to help out! Have you tried checking the Pinnacle website again? Sometimes they update their driver downloads without notifying anyone. Another option could be to reach out to their customer support and see if they can help you out. Now, onto the fun stuff. If you're looking for a Windows 10 key cheap, there are plenty of websites out there that sell them. Just be careful and do your research to make sure you're buying from a reputable source. You don't want to end up with a fake key and have to deal with the headache of trying to get a refund.