Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
03-09-2021, 10:01 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lollo2 View Post
Quote:
True. But qualified opinions are based on facts and truths. Not just "because I think so". So as long as your opinions are grounded, all is well.
I thought I was referring to a "fact" when I posted my comparison. Apparently it was not the case. No problem, I'll quit. Thanks for everything!
I wasn't referring to anything in particular here.
If you were referring to fact, then it was a grounded opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hodgey View Post
There seem to be a handful of rare ones that did to some extent, mostly using the functionality in the analog-devices chips,
Those did nothing. The chip was used wrong. It was inert.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-09-2021, 01:17 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollo2 View Post
Same as you did just translating few words.

As I said, mine was just an impression. I do not care about it, I have my own test.

Thanks for your contribution , but I am not interested anymore in this useless discussion. Anybody can build his own opinion .

Yes please, I am interested! Thanks a lot :-)
Sorry for using an online translator because my english is too bad to write freely.
If you are happy with the USB2 Live, then that's fine for you. But I would not recommend this card. But since I have a few more capture cards of my own (which ones can be read here on the board) I think I have a good overview.

The link has been posted here several times, also by the user Goldwingfahrer who was involved in the tests. But since there is something about Blackmagic and Canopus in it and many have a preconceived opinion but no one tested I save it to repeat the link.
I can only say there is not the perfect capture card out there, each has some flaw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Those did nothing. The chip was used wrong. It was inert.
How about an example that these chips do nothing.
03-09-2021, 02:00 PM
Free Member

Bogilein, nothing personal, I did not want you to feel bad because the translation. Everything is OK, we are talking about a hobby ;-)

In all my posts I always try to attach a video, an image or a code to justify my statements.

I found USB-Live2 an excellent product (I do not know what lordsmurf has againt the CX23102 ), I posted a video showing some results, and asked you to make a constructive criticism.

If you do not like it I respect your opinion, but you should highlight its defects. Eventually I can send you my reference dvb-s file and you can try to record it and capture with your favourite card and show where is superior. I am always willing to improve ;-)

Take care:-)

Last edited by lollo2; 03-09-2021 at 02:19 PM.
The following users thank lollo2 for this useful post: lordsmurf (04-03-2021)