Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-11-2022, 08:03 AM
Free Member

I'm going slightly crazy here, but when I bring up the Levels window and set some settings, the constrast level always resets to default on any loss of signal from my VHS (even though the actual slider still shows it at my setting)
I can nudge the setting and it goes back to normal, but stopping/starting the tape or even a second without signal and it's back to default!
Any ideas? I assume this is a bug?
This happens in VDub 1 and 2

Last edited by Vectrex; 01-11-2022 at 08:36 AM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-11-2022, 10:50 AM
Free Member

Additional info would be good: what capture device and operating system?

It's probably a driver bug and you would experience the same thing in other programs as well. The Levels window is just a hook to the driver's Proc Amp controls also available through the "Capture Filter" dialog.

Realistically, you should be using some device in your capture chain to provide frame TBC. This would provide continuous "vertical sync" during blank sections, preventing this problem and more importantly keeping the audio and video capture synchronized.
01-12-2022, 07:06 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by msgohan View Post
Additional info would be good: what capture device and operating system?

It's probably a driver bug and you would experience the same thing in other programs as well. The Levels window is just a hook to the driver's Proc Amp controls also available through the "Capture Filter" dialog.

Realistically, you should be using some device in your capture chain to provide frame TBC. This would provide continuous "vertical sync" during blank sections, preventing this problem and more importantly keeping the audio and video capture synchronized.
Ah yes you're right I think. OBS also does the same. Looks like I'll have to try another capture device or a TBC. It's just a little VidBox NW06