Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-24-2023, 02:12 PM
Premium Member

Thanks for reading

My father has alzheimer's and I thought it would be good for him to watch old family videos when he has bad days. I have been reading a lot on here but I think I am more confused.

For the video card I read a lot about the AIW cards with the 7500 VE card being the best. Would the "ATI Technologies ALL IN WONDER Radeon 7500 64M AGP" card work? I have one of those laying around with all the cables.
What is better a VCR with TCB or getting a S VHS deck and a seperate TCB?

I want to keep the cost at about $2000. I figure I can always sell it when I am done and not be out too much money.

Can someone suggest a setup that will work for my needs? Or does anyone have a setup they would be willing to sell me? I read all the time not to buy on ebay but not sure where to go other than that.

Thanks for your time and sorry for asking the same questions over again but I read things that to me are contradictory.

Andy
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-24-2023, 02:23 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,479 Times in 2,108 Posts
You missed the marketplace forum: https://www.digitalFAQ.com/forum/marketplace/

The ATI card depends. I've seen where AIW caps have aged badly recently (or even gotten damaged from mishandling), so you need to test the card. Understand that all AIW require WinXP. Do you have an XP system, or willing to build one? The TBSC is also required for audio, the cards need to be paired. AIW is just video.

$2k is a decent budget for budgets setups.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs