Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-29-2023, 01:40 PM
Free Member

I have my AIW setup running with a turtle beach sound card TB400. Seems to work fine, but each time I start ATI MMC, there's no audio and I have to go into the sound card settings and raise "record settings" level back up from zero. When MMC is launched, the "record settings" on the TB400's driver is turned down to zero or almost zero each time.

I'm on XP and MMC is version 9.14. TBSC drivers are version 4193 which I gather were the last ones released. Card is AIW 9000 Pro. I've seen it happen both external loopback cable and with putting the audio directly into line-in on the TB400.

I'd prefer to just be able to open the MMC app and not have to have the extra step of re-enabling audio and choosing the same level each time.

Is there something I'm doing wrong that is making MMC turn the volume nearly all the way down in the sound card settings upon launch of MMC?

-- merged --

Slight followup, I believe this is probably something that can be corrected in the registry...

but my registry shows HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\ATI Technologies\Multimedia\Features\DTV

in other words, "DTV" instead of "TV" and has different registry settings are different than what are described here:
https://www.digitalfaq.com/guides/vi...d-settings.htm

DTV may be unique to 9.14?

That guide also doesn't seem to address "input level" registry changes
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-30-2023, 03:39 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,477 Times in 2,107 Posts
Usually not.

The MMC control just hooks into the OS control. So change it in OS, or another software with hooks, the audio changes. But if this is a pure capture system, nothing else done, it should stay between boots. If not, the OS is more likely to blame.

But I have seen this on systems in the past 20 years, it was always very dependent on exact card, exact drivers, and exact system (OS, hardware, all of it).

Do not use ATI MMC 9.14, it is awful. Do not attempt MMC above the 9.0x branch.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
07-31-2023, 11:02 PM
Free Member

I think I tried an earlier version of MMC and I was having a variety of issues, mainly that the TV app wouldn't start. Can't recall if another was that the install would hang at the initial wizard at the sound input part of the initialization wizard, so a little hesitant to disrupt a seemingly working MMC since I'm not totally sure what order it took to get it working.

Is there something in particular that 9.14 does poorly that I could identify if it happens to do it?

I have a 9000 AIW pro and I believe I tried version 8.8 first and maybe some others, but would fail to launch the TV app.
08-02-2023, 06:31 PM
Free Member

As a bit of an update, the initialization wizard did not crash now that I have the TB400 separate sound card in the PC. Before I was using the integrated sound car, which MMC 9.08 must not like, though it did work just fine with integrated sound in 9.14.