07-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Free Member

I am interested in looking for a capture card for my computer. Since I have both Super VHS and Digital VHS VCRs, I would like the card to have the ability to output from the video tape to the computer, edit the file on the computer, and then record it back to the VCR through either a S Video output or a IE1394 firewire output. Does anyone know what video capture cards do this. Don't get me wrong, capturing stuff to DVD and Blu Ray is the way to go, but I still prefer to have backups on tape just incase my harddrive crashes on my PC. Any help will be greatly appreciative.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-04-2011, 02:55 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Read this forum sticky: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...ti-wonder.html
That pretty well sums up the good cards available.

And then I'd suggest NOT exporting to S-VHS/D-VHS tape, but rather to DV tape.
S-VHS will be very lossy, while D-VHS is proprietary digital. DV is more standardized, and therefore best.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.