Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-20-2011, 09:39 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonefish
im trying to record movies from a new magnavox dvd player to a magnavox recorder. both from walmart. it works on some but the regional coding on some is holding me back on others, i think. yes im a novice. can i buy something from radio schack or can i hack it myself at home ???? too many web pages and tech lingo online, im an idiot. please help if you can
Note: We'll copy/paste tech questions from emails and PMs into new threads on the forum, because we like to help as many people as possible with our advice. Replying in private hides this valuable advice. Continue here, in this post. Thanks.
_______

Are you trying to copy DVDs, using an analog method? If so, stop, that won't work and it looks bad even if it does. It's very lossy. The various copy protections will prevent this kind of copying, and would require a fairly expensive ($200+) timebase corrector to strip out the bad part of the signal where anti-copy signals reside.

You really need to copy DVDs on a computer, with proper copying software. Do you have a computer with a DVD burner? Reply to this post, and let me know. Then we can continue the conversation.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors