Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
11-16-2011, 06:59 PM
Free Member

Hello,
Sometimes I get missing frames in my recordings and I wanted to track this down, so I wrote a utility.
How to use it;
-Download the test DVD, capture it into your capture device (DVD recorder or computer capture card).
-For a harder test, record the DVD onto VHS, then capture from the VHS.
-Modify the analysis script to open your captured video file
-Play the script. When it's done, there will be a timecodes.txt file created
-Load this file into an Excel compatible spreadsheet.
-Open the analyze.xls spreadsheet. Then copy the columns from the last step into it.
-The Results area at the top of the spreadsheet now shows you the video analysis.

Alternatively, you can step through the analyze.avs script as it's being played, some info is displayed onscreen as well.

More to come, but the old version is available at http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1462931
for now. Some people found the instructions confusing, so I'm going to make it more accessible.

Attached Files
File Type: iso Glitch Analyzer NTSC DVD.iso (9.25 MB, 2 downloads)
File Type: iso Glitch Analyzer PAL DVD.iso (8.92 MB, 1 downloads)

Last edited by admin; 11-21-2011 at 04:43 AM. Reason: Attached ISO images to forum --- (and off of spammy "file sharing" service)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-21-2011, 04:09 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac698 View Post
Update:
- NTSC test DVD - hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?v0zil0vsexhza2h
- PAL test DVD - hxxp://www.mediafire.com/?k3bp59vhfs3pj3j

Admin, help, you told me something about files before, but the attachments won't let me upload an iso, is this site ok for sharing?
I've added .iso to the file type admissible for uploading as attachments.
And then I've fixed the above thread to attach your ISO to the forum, instead of sending our readers to Mediafire.

Thanks much for helping us keep content on-site.

---

See the attached image.

That's what Mediafire was launching in a new browser window. Because I have an advanced/customized HOSTS file, and use WOT, it was blocked. Anybody else visiting that site? There's no telling what may have happened to their computer. That's why file sharing services are not to be trusted. Dropbox is reliable, but that's about it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg mediafire-unsafe-spam-malware.jpg (31.5 KB, 2 downloads)

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
11-21-2011, 07:56 AM
Free Member

Thanks admin,
But there's another problem. I can't edit my post anymore, if I need to update my files to a new version. If I really worked on something, you could end up with a long thread and lots of useless files on your server.
11-21-2011, 08:06 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Posts can only be edited for 60 minutes.

This is done for security issues. A few years ago, somebody's idiot ex-girlfriend defaced his posts on every site he used -- including this one (and two others I used at the time). Because post edits are "hidden" (nobody is notified of edits, as they are with new posts/threads), it went unnoticed for a long time. Some people are just crazy, and it's in everybody's best interested if posts are locked and non-editable after a generous amount of editing time.

Just add new posts as needed. Site Staff will clean up mess or redundancy as needed.

And long threads are a good thing, actually, for several reasons.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs