Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-27-2012, 12:21 PM
Free Member

I was able to capture with this card using iuVCR. I had to break the capture in 3 parts. There were 3 problems.

1. It didn't properly report dropped frames. When I loaded the already captured avi into VirtualDub, VirtualDub reported some of the dropped frames that weren't reported by iuVCR. But I don't think it's iuVCR problem. It's driver problem. So VDub reported some dropped frames, but not all. How do I know that there were more. I re-captured the entire footage with my lifeview flyvideo card. Loaded both AVIs into VDub and with the time the capture from ATI Tuner was 1, then 2, then 3, then 4 frames ahead. I.e. frames were missing.

2. The image quality is different in the very beginning vs as it progresses. What I mean is that I captured an hour video from the cassette. Then I rewind the cassette just a little bit approximately a minute back. So I start capture just the last minute of the footage. Then I load 2 AVI files into VDub (1 is an hour long and another one is a minute long). I find the common frame at the end of the 1st AVI file (time elapsed is 59 minutes) and at the 2nd AVI file (time elapsed is 0). The common frame has totally different brightness and contrast. I suspect this has to do with Autogain. Looks like Autogain keeps adjusting gain as scenese change. I don't like it at all.

3. In the middle of my 1st attempt all of the sudden my footage was shifted to the right and up and then got split into 4 pieces. What the hell, was that?

I am not home so I can't post images. But I will later if anyone is interested.
The following users thank metaleonid for this useful post: lordsmurf (04-01-2012)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

04-01-2012, 09:12 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
Quote:
I am not home so I can't post images. But I will later if anyone is interested.
I'm always interested.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
04-03-2012, 03:13 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
Would you be interested in loaning me the extra card for a month or two? Maybe I can get farther with it than you've done, and create some guides in the process. I know quite a few tricks on how to get uncooperative cards to cooperate. In fact, if I like it, I may even buy it off of you, instead of just returning it.
Any developments?
04-04-2012, 04:26 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Nothing just yet.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
04-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Free Member

Keep us posted
04-07-2012, 09:04 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
Nothing just yet.
Have you tried and just been unsuccessful or you haven't tried it yet? I have the drivers that work with it but not with VDub.
04-09-2012, 06:48 PM
Free Member

Ok, I've tried everything and this one is just not compatible with VDub and thus doesn't provide good capture. I will post 10 second motion which I will encode into m2v later.

Back to this post:
http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...html#post13441
There are tons of AIW cards. The users who have experience with NON-AGP ones, please suggest the cards that:
1. Have 3d motion adaptive comb filter.
2. Can be tweaked such that white peak (gain) can be manually adjusted
3. Can capture in Huffyuv.

Thanks.

--Leonid
04-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Free Member

As promised these are 2 test captures. Both are done from Sony TRV65 camcorder using S-Video in. One is done with FlyVideo LifeView capture card and another one is with VisionTek (ATI). Look how ATI capture goes from bright to dark. The original video doesn't go from bright to dark as can be seen on LifeView (FlyVideo) capture.

Attached Files
File Type: m2v VisionTek.m2v (3.26 MB, 14 downloads)
File Type: m2v LifeView.m2v (3.30 MB, 11 downloads)