12-16-2012, 05:08 AM
Free Member

Hello !

Sorry for my message ! I have spent hours and hours reading your interesting forum, and so far, you gave me the motivation to buy a proper VCR to dump my VHS onto digital format. The question now if which one to buy ?

The first thing is that I have different types of tapes : PAL and SECAM. With that being said, I guess the possibilities reduce quite a lot.

Secondly, I do not want to buy 2 separates machines. One would be better unless the price of 1 "super-machine" is so high that it would make more sense to buy 2 separate machines.

Finally, sorry for my ignorance, but what is the difference between EK and EU JVCs machines ? For example I can see around JVC 7600EK and JVC7600EU machines. Are they the same ?

Reading through your FAQ page, I have seen different types of VCR depending on the VHS type, and the only "multi" listed there are Panasonic ones, but not recommended. Should I assume that I have to buy 2 different machines for the tapes ?

Thank you very much in advance, and links to eventual VCRs to buy are welcome !
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-09-2013, 12:59 AM
Former Site Staff | Computers

EK and EU mean the same thing. Technically speaking there are differences, but for what we care about, its the same thing.

To get the best quality, you should by the high end PAL player for 200 euros. And for a SECAM buy the one for the format that you need, the best one you can. Even if they are expensive players, even then it would be less than buying one in the old days. Prices have come down quite a bit for PAL and SECAM players. If its too much, keep in mind you can always resell them and that will make your project affordable.

Thanks,
-JMP

This was an unanswered question or unresolved issue found during a site audit. It's hard to have an FAQ when the answers are missing, or final outcomes are unknown. At The Digital FAQ support forum, questions are never intentionally ignored, and may have been missed due to a forum glitch or human error. More details on the audit. (In some cases, threads have been edited/updated with newer information.)

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Check out my latest Editorial.