Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-21-2016, 04:19 AM
Free Member

Tht the only new set which i can get over here
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-21-2016, 05:14 AM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
Almost all DVD recorders with analog inputs have some form of tbc circuitry inside. Very few of them can be used as pass-thru units. If you are asking whether the tbc in the EH69 is as effective as the tbc in the ES10 or ES15, the answer is no.
05-21-2016, 05:22 AM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,449 Times in 2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
Almost all DVD recorders with analog inputs have some form of tbc circuitry
No, not TBC. Most have some form of frame sync. And frame sync alone isn't TBC. Frame sync is simply aligning of timed data, and not correction of it. Frame sync doesn't have RAM.

Internal S-VHS VCRs have TBC, but not frame sync, which is why you can still get frame drops.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: sanlyn (05-21-2016)
05-21-2016, 09:56 AM
Premium Member

Thanks for clarifying, LS.
Yeah, we do tend to be fast and loose with the the term "tbc".

I'm not sure what level of tbc harky refers to. A DVD recorder is usually used as pass-thru for its line-level tbc correction, so maybe that's what he means. Many DVDR 's have some level of this function, but only a very small group have line-level tbc's worth considering. For example the Panasonic DMR-ES20 could be used for pass-thru, but its line tbc is anemic at best and was no competition for the ES10 or ES15. And as far as they go, if I capture an old home-made tape using a non-tbc SVHS player like the PV-S4670 with the ES10 as pass-thru it plays with much more stability than without a pass-thru. But the same tape played in my AG-1980's stronger tbc is visibly far smoother and cleaner. Still, an ES10 or ES15 is better than nothing. The ES20, for all practical purposes, was almost like no line tbc at all.
05-21-2016, 10:05 AM
Free Member

LOL
Someone say my video is waving so i tot if it can use it as tbc to make it better?

this is the original video which i direct rec frm vcr
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFQB-spBorU

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
No, not TBC. Most have some form of frame sync. And frame sync alone isn't TBC. Frame sync is simply aligning of timed data, and not correction of it. Frame sync doesn't have RAM.

Internal S-VHS VCRs have TBC, but not frame sync, which is why you can still get frame drops.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanlyn View Post
Thanks for clarifying, LS.
Yeah, we do tend to be fast and loose with the the term "tbc".

I'm not sure what level of tbc harky refers to. A DVD recorder is usually used as pass-thru for its line-level tbc correction, so maybe that's what he means. Many DVDR 's have some level of this function, but only a very small group have line-level tbc's worth considering. For example the Panasonic DMR-ES20 could be used for pass-thru, but its line tbc is anemic at best and was no competition for the ES10 or ES15. And as far as they go, if I capture an old home-made tape using a non-tbc SVHS player like the PV-S4670 with the ES10 as pass-thru it plays with much more stability than without a pass-thru. But the same tape played in my AG-1980's stronger tbc is visibly far smoother and cleaner. Still, an ES10 or ES15 is better than nothing. The ES20, for all practical purposes, was almost like no line tbc at all.
05-21-2016, 10:14 AM
Premium Member

See remarks about Youtube videos in your other thread. If that DVD recorder has a line tbc, it's not helping much. The video has bad frame jitter, ragged edges, and what seems to be many dropped frames.