was finalizing a DVD (recorded in Video Mode, not VR) and there was an error.
Well, the smart guy (not me of course) would have finalized the disc prior to deleting the shows on it from the hard drive.
I believe the only reason this worked is because part of the menuing had been built during the finalization as it "crashed" at about the 95% done point.
Anyway, wanted to save the shows, and here's how I did it:
1) Opened ISOBuster
2) Put the DVD that failed to finalize in a DVD drive
recognized the disc as having 17 sectors (pretty sure it was 17 anyway) in the left hand window. The number of sectors probably depends on how full the DVD is.
4) Highlighted sector 1
5) Right-clicked and selected to ensure all files were readable
6) Step 5 expanded sector 1 to include two sub icons (ISO and UDF).
7) The ISO icon had a VIDEO_TS subfolder, and the VIDEO_TS subfolder had all the files inside it.
8) The only extractable files are the VOB files, not the menu files as they were corrupted. Simply highlight the proper files and extract them.