Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-15-2016, 07:19 AM
Free Member

Hi, Apologies if this has topic has been covered somewhere on here, I did do a search for it and found nothing. I am aiming to buy a TBC for my project of transfering to digital a few dozen VHS tapes and about 100 low-band u'matics, and a dozen Betacam SP tapes. I am starting with the VHS. The tapes are quite precious to me as they contain work I did in the eighties as part of a film and video workshop and then as a student on a media course. Some of it is in 3D using a Heath-Robinson method I devised. Anyway after a few false starts over the years I am determined to transfer the contents of the tapes in as best quality as I can. My latest failure was in buying a Black magic intensity Shuttle, which if I had joined this group a while ago I would know drops frames and is not good for transferring VHS. After reading threads on here I settled on buying a Diamond One touch USB capture. The VHS Deck is a JVC HRS6600 SVHS deck. I only have a laptop I am afraid. I want to get a TBC but as I am planning on buying an old video mixer at some point in the future for another project, maybe I should just get a mixer like the Panasonic's WJ-AVE7 or a Videonix MX1. Plenty of places on the net recommend this as an alternative to a dedicated TBC. The lack of mention on this site however makes me wonder.
I would appreciate your Thoughts.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

Tags
vhs tbc, video mixer