Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Capture, Record, Transfer

LinkBack Thread Tools
09-13-2004, 06:17 AM
Premium Member

I currently have a panasonic HS-2 that needs to be replaced.

Although I've generally been happy with it a feature I'd like to have on my new recorder is one that would allow me to output directly from the my computer's time line via firewire. Currently I can out put from my DV camera only. It looks like the out dated Pioneer DVR-7000 can do this.

Can you make a suggestion for a DVD recorder that will allow me to output directly from my pc's video editing timeline? Using Vegas Video and a Pyro Firewire card

Thanks for any help
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

09-13-2004, 06:26 AM
Site Staff | Web Development

The JVC DR-M10 is being praised for many things right now. This is one of them. Several reliable sources have reported that the Vegas timeline can be directly exported to the JVC unit.

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
09-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Premium Member

Thanks so much for the reply the JVC is just the direction I'd hoped to go in.

I've found that best buy has the JVC DR-MV1S on sale at $399. Crutchfield has the DR-M10 at $399. I really don't care about the vhs part of the equation in the DR-MV1S but if both models are the same otherwise i'd opt to go down to best buy and avoid any shipping costs as well as being able to return it in 30 days just in case it didn't work out.

Are the two units the same except for the vhs deck in the DR-MV1S?

Thanks again.
09-13-2004, 02:20 PM

The DR-M10S is $299 at B&H Photo/Video www.bhphotovideo.com

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...e?O=productlis t&A=details&Q=&sku=317865&is=REG

I also want to add that I've easily given B&H thousands of dollars in video/photo purchases in the past 5-10 years or so. Never a complaint, never a trouble.

09-17-2004, 05:10 AM
Premium Member

I appreciate all your suggestions,I got the JVC DVD recorder I wasn't able to use B&H as they are closed for a few days and I got impatient.

I am having a problem outputting the timeline from Vegas 5. I keep getting an error msg that says;

"An error occurred while printing a file to the device. the tape is write protected. Please check the write protedt tab on your tape."

Hoping you may have some suggestions.

Thanks again
09-17-2004, 05:41 AM

I have no idea. It was over at the videohelp.com forums where I saw this. Several of us all bought this unit when it came out, two of them reported this feature worked. I don't have Vegas, so I have no way of testing this feature. I don't do a lot of editing, and when I do, I tend to just use software encoding.