Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-14-2010, 07:57 PM
Free Member

Do you have video tape recorder, HD video camera or digital camcorder with fantastic videos? Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 includes many useful functions and can help you import many files for video editing.

You can capture video from tape, import tapeless file from HD video camera like Panasonic P2 camcorders, Sony XDCAM HD, import DVD video in VOB format and so on. When editing video in timeline, you are working natively with different files and compose them as you like.

Here I would like to share with you my experience of mixing the videos for editing in timeline.

Step 1. Run Adobe Premiere and open a project.

Step 2. Import videos.
The normal way is to import files are choosing File > Importer and add files to the project. Choose the file and then open it with the file browser. The video then is added to the project.

Alternatively, Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 includes a new Media Browser for convenient file import. You can preview file on Monitor window and decide to add the file to the project or not after the preview. Choose Window > Media Browser to show the panel, which is generally on the bottom-left corner. It is just like the resource manager which shows all supported media for you. Double click on the item you want to preview, drag it to Timeline and it will be added to the project.

Step 3. Compose video in timeline.
When the videos are added to the timeline, click the file and pressing Ctrl to make the file in smooth connection. The movie from camera in MTS format, the AVI video, the MP4 video, etc. are now with your control.

If you have videos in various formats like MTS, AVI, MKV, RM, and DAT from VCD, the above process also works. However, as files like MKV, RM, DAT are not supported by Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 now, a plug-in tool shall be installed before importing. Download and install Moyea Importer for Adobe Premiere, and then you can extend video editing with different file formats in timeline for MPG, MTS, M2TS, MTS, VOB, DAT, RM, RMVB, TiVo, FLV, F4V, TS, TP, MKV files. The plug-in is also good for Adobe Premiere Pro CS3, 2.0, Elements 8, 7 and so on.

cs4_plugin_mb.gif

Last edited by kpmedia; 01-15-2010 at 02:19 PM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-15-2010, 02:22 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

I would usually delete what I consider spam, but this post has some use. Although VirtualDub has some free solutions for convert FLV to uncompressed/lossless AVI, I know some editors insist on doing everything in Premiere with no outside pre-editing or pre-handling of assets.

Thanks.

For advertising needs, see http://www.digitalfaq.com/services/advertise.htm