10-22-2018, 04:12 PM
Free Member

I recently acquired the Canopus ADVC-1000 as my converter, but keep getting an error for which I'm not finding the solution.

"not detected: autoTC SDI in"

The only change I've seen to make is the following. Under menu, number "16 - DVout auto-mute" has three options. "no SDI in" "no SDI/AES in" & "off". When turned off, the timecode in Premiere and on the Canopus box will match, but I'm still not getting any image in the capture or from a monitor coming out of the Canopus box.

Here is my workflow:

Panasonic AG-7750 > Canopus ADVC-1000 (via SDI) > macbook pro to capture with PremierePro. I also have a separate monitor hooked up to the Canopus unit via S-video (though I can switch and see the signal coming out of the Panasonic and it's there).

I've just added the Canopus unit, as previously I was fine with the lower grade El Gato and converting the files to what I needed them to be used simply for screeners. Now I'm wanting to capture the best quality I can, provided I'm running on a mac right now. I have future plans to upgrade by having a separate windows unit for this, but I'm in immediate need to work with the system I have for a little bit.

I also have some EP tapes that won't play in the Panasonic unit at that speed and was wondering if I can use the Panasonic as a pass-through TBC, running the tapes off another player.

Any help with these would be greatly appreciated. Your forums have been incredibly helpful in setting up and learning more about a process I hope to get a better understanding of. So, regardless, thank all those here for the ongoing input.

- Gideon
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors