05-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Free Member

Hi. Been reading for a while, but finally decided to post and ask. I am about pull my hair out trying to figure this out. I took on the task of trying to convert old VHS for my family. I am not a video guy so my knowledge is somewhat limited. I purchased and inexpensive generic USB capture device from Amazon. So far it seems to work fine.

I have a VCR running to the capture device via RCA cables. I am using Open Broadcast Software to capture the video in Windows 10. Once captured it looks and sounds fine. I have watched an entire hour long video and it does not become out of sync at all. It produces an mp4 file which I then put into burning software. I have tried both DVDStyler and DVD Flick to burn with and both give the same results. I've even tried running the file through Handbrake and then burning that file with no luck. I've tried varying speeds. I've tried different disc media. Each time the audio is always out of sync with the video. I've closed any possible app that could be running in case it was a processor issue. I did also try the burnt DVD in different players just to be sure the DVD player wasn't the culprit.

I am 100% at my wits end and have no idea what could possibly be causing this. I used to burn DVDs years ago and never once saw this problem. Any help or suggestions is appreciated.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors