11-29-2006, 07:10 AM
Free Member

hi, i have an rca vcr dvd+r recorder combo unit. it has been working great until tuesday night. i transferred a vhs tape to dvd+r without a problem as i have many times before. then i put in a new blank disc to record and the machine stated disc problem. i tried several discs of different brands i had. i also tried a cleaning discs, but still disc problem message. next i tried to play a disc to see if it would play, but still disc problem. does anyone have any suggestions what i can do? i tried unplugging it and plugging it back up. if you know of anything i can do, please let me know. any and all input is greatly appreciated. thanks stoogedog
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-30-2006, 06:40 AM
Free Member

about the only thing I can think of is to take the unit apart and clean the laser manually

It could have just died though, if it wont play regular/retail discs that is usually not a good sign

How old is it? Is it still under warranty?

The only upside to units dying now is that the cost of newer units are coming down to where there is a host of "good" dvd recorders for $70-80 and if you needed a combo unit it would only be $10 more in most cases