Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
05-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Free Member

I'm trying to encode some lossless vhs avi files to x264/mkv on HandBrake and was wondering if I had to do anything other than put yadif for deinterlace and bob for preset? The interlaced on my footage is top field first so is there any numbers I have to put in interlace detection for that, or no?

Here's how I have it - https://i.imgur.com/f7q9mAJ.png

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SETTINGS.jpg (46.1 KB, 13 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

05-09-2020, 02:48 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Use Decomb, EEDI2Bob
It's better than Yadif for AA (anti-alias), but still worse than QTGMC.
Yadif leaves % of jaggies, not pleasant to watch.

Handbrake is limiting compared to Hybrid. Your hands are really tied.

The ONLY thing that I like about Handbrake are the NLmeansCL NR presets. I really wish selur would add some to Hybrid, but he got bitchy last time I mentioned it to him. Hybrid has NLmeansCL2, KNLmeansCL, and others, but you have to alter the granular settings on your own.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
The following users thank lordsmurf for this useful post: billybatts (05-09-2020)
05-09-2020, 03:36 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
Use Decomb, EEDI2Bob
It's better than Yadif for AA (anti-alias), but still worse than QTGMC.
Yadif leaves % of jaggies, not pleasant to watch.

Handbrake is limiting compared to Hybrid. Your hands are really tied.

The ONLY thing that I like about Handbrake are the NLmeansCL NR presets. I really wish selur would add some to Hybrid, but he got bitchy last time I mentioned it to him. Hybrid has NLmeansCL2, KNLmeansCL, and others, but you have to alter the granular settings on your own.
Thanks for the advice! Didn't know that about yadif, interesting. And so you're saying it will automatically detect that it's top field first? Reason I ask is because this guy on YouTube had to type in numbers manually (15:00:-1:01) in HandBrake but it is from a few years back, https://youtu.be/UkKaVyx1ukU?t=120.