Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-19-2023, 01:59 PM
Free Member

Hello again, I am hoping for a straightforward solution or at least point me in the right direction. Goal is to deinterale and upscale to 1080p several 576i PAL TV shows and some PAL interlaced movies I have. They are DVD rip or worse.

Right now I used Nvidia Shield Pro and it is garbage for upscaling anything lower than 720p and has bad deinterlacing. In order to keep things simple for the family, have lossless audio, and one device solution, I am not replacing it as the playback device. I tried watching straight from a region 2 DVD player, but it looked worse than the Shield. I also tried having the Onkyo receiver upscale, and it looked worse.

I watch my PAL interlaced content (and certain 480i cartoons for the kids) from the Samsung S95B QD-OLED 65". It has a much better deinterlacer than the Shield, but still not optimal.

Goal: deinterlace and upscale to 1080p a few TV shows and older movies, most are DVD rip MPEG2 576i PAL. Preferably on Mac as I only have 1 very old Windows laptop device. I am fine with multiple steps and stages of upscaling. Bonus for some very bad xvid mpeg4 captures in 576p format.

I understand magic will not happen from a 576i source on a 4K 65" TV, but want better looking playback. I have gotten help here before and advice is often overkill. If a solution like Topaz AI will give me better quality than the TV deinterlacer and upscaler, I am open to that.

Thank you in advance.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors