Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Edit Video, Audio

LinkBack Thread Tools
01-12-2024, 05:13 AM
Free Member

I am capturing to MPG2 and AVI files form VHS PAL.
I then use Megui and an Avisynth script to deinterlace and scale to HD, square pixels and 50 fps and convert to MP4. Avisynth v. 2.60

However when I capture I get som strange jitter in the first 1 sek. I want to cut out the first 1-2 sec. of the video. I then tried the "Trim" command in Avisynth
Trim(100, 0)
It works. It cuts the first 100 frames. Hovever the audio is not cut. It just starts later and is then 2 sec. out of sync. The videos total length is also the same, because it add still frames at the end to make space for the 2 sec. extra audio.
I tried the Trim command with pad = false or true, no difference
Trim(100, 0, pad=false)
I tried to add the trim command in the start of the script after <input>, same result, audio is not trimmed.
I tried to cut the audio separately
AudioTrim(2, 0)
I then get the message
Error in AviSynth script:
AudioTrim: Cannot trim if there is no audio.

<input>
AssumeTFF() # BFF for MiniDV
ConvertToYV12(interlaced=true)
QTGMC( Preset="Faster" )
# SelectEven() # Add this line to keep original frame rate, leave it out for smoother doubled frame rate
Crop(12,4,-12,-12) # left, top, right, bottom
AddBorders(12,8,12,8) # left, top, right, bottom
# Levels(16, 1, 235, 0, 255, coring=false)
# LimitedSharpenFaster()
Trim(100, 0)
# AudioTrim(2, 0)
spline36resize(960,720)

http://avisynth.nl/index.php/Trim

How can I trim both video and audio?
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-12-2024, 11:00 PM
Free Member

i am having this exact same issue with the trim function. my source is a FFV1 .avi with PCM audio. i'm trying to trim out 3 sections from a large video and join them together and include the matching trimmed audio as well. my script looks very similar to yours and i've tried the same things. tried pad=false, no change, and tried trimming before and after deinterlacing, and it never touches the audio and just muxes it over as is.
01-13-2024, 07:12 PM
Free Member

ive been trying to dig into this more but haven't found much as to why trim won't also trim audio. i'm using ffms2 as input with atrack=-1. staxrip sees the audio track but doesn't make any edits even though i have trims set.

i did find that if i open staxrip directly and load in my source file, ffmpeg opens up a window and demuxes the file and makes a .wav file in the temp folder. i can then make my trims within staxrip, adjust the operators to ++ so it cuts audio and then encode into something on ultrafast settings because i'm just after audio.

i then copy/paste the trim code from staxrip into avisynth and proceed as usual and mux in the separately created audio as the last step. not ideal, but it doesn't take much extra time and i've found it to be an ok work around for now.
01-13-2024, 07:55 PM
Free Member

I wonder if the input file is malformed and that's why:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnielsen View Post
when I capture I get som strange jitter in the first 1 sek.
What software are you using to capture?

You might pass it through ffmpeg first and see if it works better in avisynth.

Code:
ffmpeg -i infile.avi -acodec copy -vcodec copy outfile.avi

Tags
avisynth, megui, trim