Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-27-2022, 02:45 AM
Free Member

Windows 10
========
AviSynthPlus_3.7.0_20210111_vcredist.exe
has been installed without complaint

I encountered problem on installing;
AvsPmod.exe
-> run as administrator

warning-1
Code:
Error
The specified module could not be found.  LoadLibrary(pythondll) failed
warning_2
Code:
Error
C:\Users\satim\Downloads\PYTHON27DLL
Please help. Thanks

Do I need to install vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe

Regards

Attached Images
File Type: png screenshot_warning_1.png (56.0 KB, 4 downloads)
File Type: png screenshot_warning_2.png (40.4 KB, 2 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

02-27-2022, 04:12 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
I encountered problem on installing;
AvsPmod.exe
install? avspmod is portable. You don't install it. You are doing something wrong. did you extract the entire .zip properly or just took the .exe out of the archive?

Quote:
Do I need to install vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe
Yes, even for avisynth you need that.
02-27-2022, 09:32 AM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbassiouny View Post
install? avspmod is portable. You don't install it. You are doing something wrong. did you extract the entire .zip properly or just took the .exe out of the archive?

Yes, even for avisynth you need that.
Yes, I have AvsPmod.exe

How to run it? Thanks

Yes I have vcredist2015_2017_2019_2022_x64.exe installed.

Regards
02-27-2022, 10:17 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Yes, I have AvsPmod.exe
Then no, this is not what I told you.

Extract the entire directory of avspmod properly from the zip. and run .exe file it from the folder. do not take the .exe file only.

A portable program is not a standalone .exe file. A portable program requires all it dependencies stored along (the other folders you see in the archive They are there for a reason, the creator did not put them in the .zip to spam).
02-27-2022, 09:50 PM
Free Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbassiouny View Post
Extract the entire directory of avspmod properly from the zip. and run .exe file it from the folder. do not take the .exe file only.
Thanks. I got it.

Ran AvsPmod.exe inside its extracted folder

New File - AvsPmod screen started
(pls refers to attached screenshot)

Shall I run the script of AviSynthPlus here ?

Where can I find relevant document? Thanks

Regards

Attached Images
File Type: jpg screenshot_avspmod.jpg (24.2 KB, 3 downloads)
02-28-2022, 03:50 PM
Premium Member

You don't "run" a "script of AviSynthPlus " (an avs script simply). You either preview it in avspmod, or simply encode.

Run in software, specially when talking about scripts has a different meaning. an avs script is not runnable/exectuable.

Doom9 is the place you wanna look. At this point your issue is not avspmod, you probably don't know what to write in that white window you opened, right? If you think you are good enough, you can try to learn the commands directly. If not, use some GUI (graphical interface to do things without typing the commands yourself), I see people here talk about Hybrid. Maybe give it a shoot.

You need to figure out what filters you want and how to install them.

In an avs script generally, you have a source call, where you begin by importing your video, then you can have the other other commands (technically called function calls) to de-interlace, AA, color correction, etc or whatever reason made you think you want to use avisynth.

Good luck
02-28-2022, 03:57 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,458 Times in 2,090 Posts
FYI, people come to this forum, or VH, because Doom9 can be very unfriendly. For every nicer use like Stainless, you come across another half dozen that are not so nice. It's always been that way.

At first, he's referring to running AvsPmod, not the script.

Referring to scripts, and "not running", it is semantics to an extent. In a way, Avisynth is compiling it in the background, while you use an encoder to preview and process.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs
02-28-2022, 04:05 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
FYI, people come to this forum, or VH, because Doom9 can be very unfriendly. For every nicer use like Stainless, you come across another half dozen that are not so nice. It's always been that way.
I actually said : "Doom9 is the place you wanna look." Not "ask" I was replying to his question "Where can I find relevant document?" IMHO doom9 has a lot of relevant info for people to read and get started. So it seems to me like a place where he might want to check for past "getting started" questions

Quote:
At first, he's referring to running AvsPmod, not the script.
But he is running avsPmod just fine now (program opened fine in attachement of post #5 ).

We sorted out the issue of running avpsmod already by extracting the zip fully, now he really is trying to "run scripts". Which is why I explained he needs to see some examples (on doom9) of how people "import" interlaced sources, etc

OP can check these and let us know when they need help, at this point we don't know what he wants to do
02-28-2022, 04:11 PM
Site Staff | Video

Yep, good to read.
Yep, need to write scripts.

Thanks.

02-28-2022, 05:07 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Avisynth is compiling it in the background, while you use an encoder to preview and process.
Yes, thanks for mentioning this, I was gonna write it, but I forgot to finish my sentence and started the next sentence directly

... An avs script is not runnable/executable. You either encode it directly via an encoder (which is what you will need to save/export the restored videos once you are done tweaking your script), or preview it in real-time with a player (like MPC) or in avspmod. You can start by writing commands in avsp, to import your video and the preview in avspmod will show it (you can trigger the preview manually if does not appear with the arrow on the bottom left).
03-01-2022, 02:43 AM
Site Staff | Video

Also to note, Avisynth, even with AvsPmod, can be daunting to new users, hard to grasp install and usage. These days, I find it best to back a user into learning Avisynth, by first having him/her use Hybrid.

Hybrid can quickly assemble basic scripts via GUI, such as simple QTGMC deinterlace. Hybrid is somewhat limited, or more difficult, when it comes to more advanced scripts, especially when script order matters. So that's when you should start writing your own scripts. There are script previews in Hybrid, so you can see what's going on for script construct. The only issue is the preview of output video can be buggy. Lossless output options include FFHuffyuv, FFV1, and Prores422 (technically lossy, but not really).