UPDATE: I FIXED IT!
I found a new old stock upper drum assembly for cheap on eBay
and replaced it, this didn't fix the problem, but now I have a nice NEW head. I gave up for a few months until recently, I found 4 leaky surface mount capacitors on the circuit board for the HIFI audio. I replaced all 4, the problem persisted, however It did fix the problem with the HIFI audio switching back and forth. I discovered after buying the service manual that there's a set screw on the bottom of the guide rollers, I just loosened the set screw for the right side guide roller in preparation to align it and the noise instantly disappeared. After all that, all it took to fix this was a 1.27mm allen key. I should have bought the manual sooner. I'm guessing the set screw had tilted the roller guide at a slight angle. I'd like to think its a combination of all the things I've done so far that contributed to fixing it though. We will never know I guess. I had picked up an oscilloscope for another project, so I bought a alignment tape, and performed a complete alignment of the guides and audio/control head today. The machine is playing every tape I have perfectly now.
Thanks to everyone who replied, hopefully this info can be helpful to someone else out there.