10-25-2012, 12:37 AM
Premium Member

Now that I have the program, What can I use Premiere Elements 10 for?,regarding Captured VHS files?(from ATI AIW Card). I do have Womble program from the Premium Member's section for cutting unwanted footage, but was wondering if I can use Premiere Elements for cutting also,..And are there any filters in Premiere Elements to improve,ect...or is TMPEG better for that?..and then there is authoring and burning....And I guess Photoshop is used for Menu pictures and DVD covers???

Last edited by rocko; 10-25-2012 at 12:41 AM. Reason: forgot something
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

11-01-2012, 11:21 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Adobe Premiere Elements is the consumer version of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- It's NOT something you want to use for capturing.
- It's NOT something you want to use for editing MPEG files. Only use it for editing AVI files (lossless Huffyuv or DV).

Premiere is good for color corrections, but that's about it. For any other types of noise removal, you're better off with VirtualDub or Avisynth, and TMPGEnc to a lesser extent. TMPGEnc and VirtualDub (with Colormill plugin) can also do some decent color correction work, but Premiere is often better.

Photoshop is what you'd want to use for designing the actual menu and DVD case artwork images, yes. Photoshop can also print the case images, of course.

While Premiere Elements can author, with a somewhat dummied-down inclusion of Encore, I'd suggest one of the btter authoring programs. Ulead DVD Workshop 2, for example, if you can find it. (There's a discussion in the Premium Member forum on Ulead DVDWS2.) Another option is TMPGEnc Authoring Works. For menu-less discs, the freeware Simple DVD Creator works well.

Adobe makes excellent software, and I've been using their stuff since the early 1990s (some of it pre-Adobe, from Aldus).

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.