Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Restore, Filter, Improve Quality

LinkBack Thread Tools
02-22-2019, 10:14 PM
Free Member

I have a lot of home videos that I need to digitise.
I'm wanting to deinterlace so they can be viewed on any devices and will always be deinterlaced well (rather than depending on the playback device which may be good or not) - they will not be on DVD.
I don't mind increasing the frame rate to 50fps (PAL source) if there's any noticeable benefit - video file size is not a big concern.

The big issues with all my tapes are low light noise and camera shake.
I don't mind introducing weird effects at the edge in order to deshake.
I am so impressed with temporal noise reduction and chroma noise reduction.

So my question is what filter order is best for deinterlace, deshake, denoise?

I presume denoising is better after deshaking, as shake confounds denoising, and deinterlace last so the deinterlacer gets the cleanest image to work with.

I'm guessing deshake, denoise, deinterlace but what do you think?

Last edited by Spotty; 02-22-2019 at 10:32 PM.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

03-06-2019, 09:04 PM
Premium Member

Thanked 1,307 Times in 982 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spotty View Post
I have a lot of home videos that I need to digitise.
I'm wanting to deinterlace so they can be viewed on any devices and will always be deinterlaced well (rather than depending on the playback device which may be good or not) - they will not be on DVD.
I don't mind increasing the frame rate to 50fps (PAL source) if there's any noticeable benefit - video file size is not a big concern.

The big issues with all my tapes are low light noise and camera shake.
I don't mind introducing weird effects at the edge in order to deshake.
I am so impressed with temporal noise reduction and chroma noise reduction.

So my question is what filter order is best for deinterlace, deshake, denoise?

I presume denoising is better after deshaking, as shake confounds denoising, and deinterlace last so the deinterlacer gets the cleanest image to work with.

I'm guessing deshake, denoise, deinterlace but what do you think?
What videos are you talking about? Have you posted samples to another thread somewhere?