Go Back    Forum > Digital Video > Video Project Help > Project Planning, Workflows

LinkBack Thread Tools
07-15-2011, 02:26 AM
Premium Member

Thanks, The D530 looks like a good option,I guess there are 2 versions;Tower or Convertable/desktop,all have AGP,and all w/xp and disk. I noticed Geeks.com has barebones"geek kit"(refered in reply #9 above) with AGP,Pentium 4,and 400w p/s,But CPU and h/d are refurbised,Any opinion on refurbed CPU?? (pentium 4).

Last edited by rocko; 07-15-2011 at 02:29 AM. Reason: forgot text
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

07-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Site Staff | Web Development

I own a lot of refurbished gear. This laptop in use to type this post? A refurb bought 4 years ago. Works perfectly. Refurbished doesn't mean "old, broken and used" as many mistakenly believe. The item was restored to like-new condition by the manufacturer or a third party for any number of reasons. In some cases, "refurbished" is a way to express that something has been "recertified" as being in like-new condition.

Refurb gear is a great way to buy something that's basically new, but on the cheap.

My iPad was an Apple refurb. Apple gave it a new outer shell and screen, and only the innards were from some other original -- likely a customer return, or some kind of defect that was repair in the refurbishing process. Excellent bargain, use it nearly-daily, and for $100's less than many buyers spent!

- Did this site help you? Then upgrade to Premium Member and show your support!
- Also: Like Us on Facebook for special DVD/Blu-ray news and deals!
The following users thank admin for this useful post: rocko (07-15-2011)
07-22-2011, 12:29 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordsmurf View Post
In unison: "Hi, Jim!"

This computer may work perfectly for you: http://www.overstock.com/Electronics...40&PID=3235990
Another ATI user recommends and uses it. Read starting here: http://www.tvpreservation.com/forum/...html#post55960

Or you can go the DIY build-a-bear computer method. That's what I do.
I am interested in getting this one! (HP compac d530),..Looked up "quick specs" on HP site,Looks like power supply is 240watts??? Should I worry about that? (with 9600xt,2 hard drives and all)....Did the other ATI user you mentioned modify his d530 at all,Or will it work as is?...(I was advised that a 240w P.S. is "Too Weenie"),I don't know how to ask the recommended user about this,But if that computer will do the job,Then I'm going to order it!
07-23-2011, 11:34 PM
Site Staff | Video

Thanked 2,461 Times in 2,093 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakenvids View Post
I am interested in getting this one! (HP compac d530),..Looked up "quick specs" on HP site,Looks like power supply is 240watts??? Should I worry about that? (with 9600xt,2 hard drives and all)....Did the other ATI user you mentioned modify his d530 at all,Or will it work as is?...(I was advised that a 240w P.S. is "Too Weenie"),I don't know how to ask the recommended user about this,But if that computer will do the job,Then I'm going to order it!
It appears this part of our conversation will be continued here: http://www.digitalfaq.com/forum/vide...mpac-d530.html
Thanks.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- For sale in the marketplace: TBCs, workflows, capture cards, VCRs