03-19-2018, 09:49 AM
Free Member

Hi Folks,

The title said it all, I have this in mind since few days after reading interesting threads.
I already have the chance to have the Mach 1 device and right now I use it to feed output "analog" to a
ATI card and capture in virtualdub with Huffyuv.

If I understand the "advantage" of the SDI route is you feed a digital signal instead of analog.
But in the real world is it really a advantage because to be honest I don't know how the signal is handle
once entering into the capture card. I saw that there is some much price difference among SDI capture card that I suspect that I should not "too" optimistic.

I don't know much about SDI signal capture and their "subtiliies" but I would like
know if it's as simple as using a SDI capture card that will feed the uncompressed A/V signal
that can be huffyuv encoded on the flight in virtualdub.

If I understand, audio part can be embed into the SDI signal or thread separatively.
Right now I don't see all the implication of this pathway.

From the Mach1 manual we can read:
"Embedded audio is extracted, delayed and reinserted."
"10-bit SDI signals is provided along with AES audio handling"

I know that HD-SDI capture card are not cheap but some "vintage" SD only card can be very affordable.

If my assumption "hold the road" would like to know if anyone have tested this path with specifics card model? Would be interested to know if someone had success with this route.

Regards

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Audio processing Mach1.jpg (85.5 KB, 8 downloads)
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors