Go Back    Forum > Digital Publishing / Web Sites > Web Hosting

LinkBack Thread Tools
08-05-2012, 05:25 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

I have found out atlantic.net by searching cloud hosting provider in Google. I am planning to host my site on cloud server. So, what do you think? Should I host my site on atlantic.net? Are they good?

Looking forward to your real life experience with them.
Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

08-05-2012, 12:19 PM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Atlantic.net is one of the very few hosting companies that has legitimately been around since the 1990s. (JaguarPC is almost the same age, and is a favorite of mine for VPS, reseller, and shared hosting. All non-cloud, at the moment.)

My primary question is this: Do you really need cloud hosting?

If so, then there's nothing wrong with Atlantic.net. I've never needed to use their services, so I don't have any direct experience with them. However, at the same time, I tend to stay aware of how many hosts are doing reputation-wise online, at several sites. While Atlantic.net has not earned a bad reputation, it doesn't appear to have an overly glowing one either. Generally speaking, that means there's not been substantial downtime or technical/billing service problems. It also means that they're not necessarily impressing anybody so much that they feel compelled to write glowing reviews. (Nor bribing them, which is a good thing, too.)

MediaTemple, LiquidWeb, ServerIntellect and SiteGround all have cloud hosting solutions, too.

Understand that not all real clouds use the word "cloud". And not all services using the word "cloud" have an infrastructure that provides the redundancy and scalability that make it "a cloud". Keep that in mind. Some hosts use the word cloud for marketing purposes, and not because they're offering the infrastructure.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
The following users thank kpmedia for this useful post: shorttime (08-07-2012)
08-07-2012, 04:11 AM
Invalid Email / Banned / Spammer

Kpmedia,
Thank you very much for your brief message. You have discussed many important factors. Moreover, you also mentioned some other cloud services which are offering similar services like atlantic.net, Fantastic!

I am agreed with your statement:
"Generally speaking, that means there's not been substantial downtime or technical/billing service problems. It also means that they're not necessarily impressing anybody so much that they feel compelled to write glowing reviews. (Nor bribing them, which is a good thing, too.)"

Yes, they are not that much big like rackspace, LiquidWeb but I have heard that they are providing satisfactory services recently.