01-26-2013, 03:11 AM
Free Member

Do you use ISPConfig 3?
Do you like it?
Do you know if it has an API?
Are you a hosting company?
What do you use for a client area if so?

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors

01-26-2013, 03:19 AM
Site Staff | Web Hosting, Photo

Yes! It's a good free panel Unlike Kloxo (which is overrated), ISPConfig has relatively few bugs and lots of important features. I like it and use it. Same for VirtualMin GPL, another very good free panel.

I don't know if it has an API. Check the official docs.

Not exactly. We do host customers, but at the moment we're still in a phase of selecting our customers as much as they'd select us. We want to host the right kinds of projects. Things we know,things we believe in, clients that are smarted than the average bear, etc. We're really not interested in the average numbskull customer. Let Godaddy have him!

cPanel, period. When customers are concerned, we don't screw around with freebies.

- Did my advice help you? Then become a Premium Member and support this site.
- Please Like Us on Facebook | Follow Us on Twitter

- Need a good web host? Ask me for help! Get the shared, VPS, semi-dedicated, cloud, or reseller you need.
01-26-2013, 08:40 AM
Free Member

Isp config 3 does have some API available but not as extensive as Cpanel. The great thing about ispconfig3 is, it is light and not as confusing as kloxo or web min. I call it an awesome alternative for directadmin if you want a free solution.

Beware of the fact that unlike cpanel, ispconfig is not made for people who are Linux noobs. You don't have that web based point and click server management features such as compiling PHP, Apache and so on. But if you are comfortable with command line, I will say, go for it.

To best of my knowledge, don't use ispconfig for commercial hosting g service. It is great if you are using for your personal server or for couple of friends and family. But if you want people to pay for their hosting, besides plesk, there are no real cpanel alternative.

Fell free to ask why and I will try my best to explain it .
The following users thank seriesn for this useful post: kpmedia (01-26-2013)