01-15-2013, 09:07 PM
Free Member

Hello Good day!, would you be kind to translate this statement into simple step by step english so that I may understand?
Thanks so much in advance ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpmedia
I don't set the DNS up until it's finish.
Prior to that, I alter HOSTS files locally, so that I can connect.
Your basically saying, through local hosting then ftping is faster than changing from real domain?

Quote:
I don't know why more people don't do this. Setting up on one domain, and then changing everything later to the "real" domain, is a great big waste of time. Plus a lot of CMS -- especially licensed commercial ones -- can ONLY be setup on the domain it was purchased for.

I've come across web development companies that look at me as if I'm insane. One suggested my method was malware-like? (Some people don't know their a$$ from their elbow, it seems, when it comes to DNS, and that includes the localhost DNS.)
Your saying making site on your computer is not good anymore as to making site online through CMS?
How come too many people are suggesting the opposite? hmmm?

thx again ~

Quote:
There often will be, yes.
The days of making sites on your own computer, and transferring via FTP, died with the oncoming era of the CMS.

I haven't been able to make a site like that for years now

This question was asked in a private message. Rather than hide our tech advice in private conversations, Site Staff will often answer PMs (from any site) here in the digitalFAQ.com forum, so that others may read and benefit from our expertise. Please continue the conversation here. Either login or join as a Free Member, and we can continue troubleshooting your video, photo or web related issue. Thanks for understanding our tech Q&A policies.

Someday, 12:01 PM
Ads / Sponsors