Quantcast Are there New Changes to the KDVD Template? Matrix? GOP? - digitalFAQ.com Forums [Archives]
  #1  
01-13-2003, 11:20 AM
m0rdant m0rdant is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Kwag, are there new changes to the KDVD template? Matrix? Gop?

The signature GOP gets confusing when trying to transfer the settings from a template to DVD2SVCD...

Can you tell me what the GOP for KDVDs should be now? And what matrix to use? Thank's once more for all the help/work.
Reply With Quote
Someday, 12:01 PM
admin's Avatar
Site Staff / Ad Manager
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 42
Thanks: ∞
Thanked 42 Times in 42 Posts
  #2  
01-13-2003, 11:27 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rdant
Kwag, are there new changes to the KDVD template? Matrix? Gop?

The signature GOP gets confusing when trying to transfer the settings from a template to DVD2SVCD...

Can you tell me what the GOP for KDVDs should be now? And what matrix to use? Thank's once more for all the help/work.
Quoting a previous message:

jamesp wrote:
Will the DVD templates and the 528x576 Mpeg2 template be updated too? Or are these not suitable for the latest enhancements.

Jim


Hi Jim,

The new BETA-1a Notch matrix applies perfectly well to the KDVD templates. I only tested the KDVD Half D-1 with the new matrix, and I liked the results. I'll do more tests today, and if everything works ok, I'll update those too. The same applies to the SKVCD and the KVCDx3 (MPEG-2). They should also work better with the new matrix. If you want to do some tests on the DVD templates, just change the number of Bs from 3 to 2 and make the matrix changes.

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #3  
01-13-2003, 11:35 AM
m0rdant m0rdant is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Okay...

When I load the KDVD template into tmpgenc I get a GOP like so...

1-5823-3-1-18

What number does the signature 5823 represent in the KDVD template?

Should it be 1-24-2-1-18? Or 1-12-2-1-18? ect... I use DVD2SVCD most of the time and want to try it with the KDVD template. DVD2SVCD doesn't like the 5823 sig and I think the number is different with the KDVD setting.

I'll look up the new matrix setting.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
01-13-2003, 11:39 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by m0rdant
Okay...

When I load the KDVD template into tmpgenc I get a GOP like so...

1-5823-3-1-18

What number does the signature 5823 represent in the KDVD template?
5823 = "KVCD" on your telephone pad
Quote:

Should it be 1-24-2-1-18? Or 1-12-2-1-18? ect... I use DVD2SVCD most of the time and want to try it with the KDVD template. DVD2SVCD doesn't like the 5823 sig and I think the number is different with the KDVD setting.

I'll look up the new matrix setting.
For DVD2SVCD, use 1-18-2-1-18

-kwag
Reply With Quote
  #5  
01-13-2003, 11:52 AM
m0rdant m0rdant is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: May 2002
Posts: 137
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks Kwag, that's just what I needed to know.

Starting my conversion of the two disc extended LotR to one KDVD using DVD2SVCD for most of the work and the new matrix/gop.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
01-13-2003, 11:55 AM
kwag kwag is offline
Free Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Puerto Rico, USA
Posts: 13,537
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Let us know how it comes out

-kwag
Reply With Quote
Reply




Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
KDVD: Which Matrix used in CCE? gamma Video Encoding and Conversion 7 11-07-2007 06:10 PM
KDVD: The Matrix Trilogy gamma Video Encoding and Conversion 78 12-06-2006 01:03 PM
KDVD: Best CCE matrix settings? gilco Video Encoding and Conversion 10 05-28-2006 04:48 PM
Is Notch matrix the default matrix from the KDVD template? jzhao66 Video Encoding and Conversion 2 06-29-2005 03:25 AM
Which template gave you the best looking 1 CD version of The Matrix? m0rdant Video Encoding and Conversion 5 08-29-2002 03:36 PM

Thread Tools



 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM  —  vBulletin Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd